Looking for How To Install Motherboard Drivers With USB? Motherboard drivers are absolutely mandatory for every computer, be it a gaming rig or a regular desktop PC. These motherboard drivers help your devices to communicate with your operating system and enhance the functionality of your computer.
This is why getting the latest motherboard drivers and updating them to the latest version is extremely essential.
Installing motherboard drivers is one of the many crucial elements of building a good rig and ensuring that your peripherals can function at their best. However, most people are not well-aware of it, and they even find it challenging to do.
If you have the right driver installed, you are assured that everything is well configured on the motherboard and that nothing will go wrong while you are gaming.
What Are Motherboard Drivers?
Motherboard drivers are software written by the manufacturer of your motherboard. They control the hardware components of a motherboard and let you install and update operating system as well as resolve common driver problems like conflicts between devices.
Determine What Motherboard Drivers You Need
The only way to know the exact drivers you need for your motherboard is to verify the brand and model number of the motherboard inside your computer. This guide will explain how drivers work, list some resources you can use to find your computer’s drivers, and walk you through how to install drivers in Windows
Here is how to determine the motherboard driver you need:
- Click on Start Menu, type System and click on System Information app
- Click on system Summary from the left pane. On the right pane, look for the information that begins with Baseboard. It includes the Product code, Version of your motherboard and the Manufacturer.
- To install motherboard drivers for certain components, choose Components from the left paneand click on components such as Display or Sound Device to see their driver info. Check the Driverin the Item and look for path and the name of the driver file in the Value field.
Which Motherboard Drivers to Install?
Drivers are essential computer-related software that help computers process an array of data.
The motherboard is the main processing center of your computer that connects all the computer peripherals such as mouse, keyboard and monitor in your system. Therefore, it is important to keep it up to date with the latest drivers available.
There are literally thousands of motherboard drivers out there. What makes matters worse is that it is not possible to update every single driver, especially when you are short on time.
That is why we have created a list of the most critical drivers. Just open your box and get directly to the specific drivers for your motherboard with our handy guide!
- SATA Driver: Also called Serial AT attachment, this driver hosts storage devices such as optical hard drives. HDDs and SSDs. If you do not want to lose data, you should always keep this driver up to date.
- Chipset Driver: To ensure your system’s proper operation and smooth communication between the motherboard and OS, this driver must be up to date.
- LAN Driver:This driver lets you connect your computer to another PC network. They are called Network Drivers and it is important to keep the driver up to date.
- Virtual Graphics Array (VGA) Driver: This driver is responsible for carrying signals and delivering a high-resolution video quality,
- Audio And Sound Driver:This driver is responsible for linking your computer’s sound software with the speakers, earphones, headphones and more audio devices.
How To Install Motherboard Drivers With USB?
Installing drivers from a USB drive is the recommended method for all individuals, particularly those who do not have Internet access.
This document will show you how to download the drivers to a USB stick and then install them on your computer. You can use this method to install any driver.
Follow this guide to install motherboard driver with USB:
Plug your USB to your CPU. Extract the file by clicking on Extract Here. It will unzip the file in the same folder and you can install from there.
Double-click the file you just unzipped to open the file on your USB drive. Wait for the file to load.
Double-click the setup file with extension .EXE. The wizard that will appear will give you the direction to proceed.
Accept the license agreement and proceed. For the driver to update, you must agree to the license agreement.
The wizard will guide throughout the process. It will ask you to click, “ok,” “next,” or “accept.” You will be asked to click “install” button and the driver will be installed.
The wizard will prompt you to restart your computer when the installation is complete. After restarting your computer, your motherboard driver should be up-to-date.
Possible Issues You May Have While Installing Your Motherboard Driver Using A USB
Just like any method, problems may arise while installing motherboard driver with USB. Here are the common problems you could encounter:
- Being unable to find the driver on your USB stick. The key thing here is to make sure you have the correct driver. It is also important to know the type of the USB port you are using and download the right driver for it.
- Installation process not working well. If this occurs, the driver may be corrupt or way be incompatible with your system.
- Unable to access file on USB after installation. Reformatting your USB should solve the problem.
- Computer not recognizing the USB drive. This may be the result of driver problems. If this is the case, try another USB port on your PC
Relate: Why is a Motherboard Important
We have helped give answer to the question, how to install motherboard driver with USB. With USB drivers, anyone can quickly and efficiently install motherboards driver without the need for a disc drive or the internet.
SO if you want to install motherboard driver with USB, this guide should help.